[Let me preface this post by saying
I have never practiced numbers with Jack.]
The other day I was cleaning the bathroom,
(I know, so very glamorous) when Jack
said "Look Mama num'er 2."
He was pointing to the alarm clock on Kent's
nightstand. I asked him to point to the number 2.
Sure enough, alarm #2 was set! What the...
So I asked him, "What's this number Jack?"
(Pointing to the 4)
"num'er 4."
"And this one?"
"num'er 1."
"Good; and what about this one."
"zero!"
I'd call him a genius, but
he sings the abc song:
"q-y-r-b-s-t-w-x-y and z."
Genius might be pushing it a little.
I have never practiced numbers with Jack.]
The other day I was cleaning the bathroom,
(I know, so very glamorous) when Jack
said "Look Mama num'er 2."
He was pointing to the alarm clock on Kent's
nightstand. I asked him to point to the number 2.
Sure enough, alarm #2 was set! What the...
So I asked him, "What's this number Jack?"
(Pointing to the 4)
"num'er 4."
"And this one?"
"num'er 1."
"Good; and what about this one."
"zero!"
I'd call him a genius, but
he sings the abc song:
"q-y-r-b-s-t-w-x-y and z."
Genius might be pushing it a little.

















6 comments:
Any time Canon knows something I didn't teach him I chalk it up to watching PBS...and then I don't know if I should feel proud that he's smart, or like a bad mom since he learned it on TV.
what a little smarty pants! that's so cute!
hey, Brad just called me from the doctor's office and said, "So I guess Jodi howe goes to the same office we do..." And I said, "why?" "Cuz we're sitting in room she took that picture of..." How funny! ;)
Did you ever get in touch with Kristie?
well, I'll say it, "He IS a genius" love that kid! Hey, did I ever sent you an invite to our blog (Paul told me to, but I think I forgot)...I'll do it now.
We can still say genius but just MATH genius. We can't be good at everything! Sad I know, but I swear Trevor learns a lot from Mickey Mouse.
It's amazing what they pick up all on their own. I discovered the other day that Kate can recite the entire Pledge of Allegiance perfectly and I never even taught her. And when I found out that Gavin can count to 10 with no help, I was shocked. Maybe I do let them watch too much TV... :-)
Very cute. It's amazing what kids pick up when you're not looking.
Post a Comment