Friday, December 5, 2008

here are a few of my favorite things



Christmas
Wrap up

How do my favs stack up to yours?

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper

2. Real tree or Artificial?
4 feet of fake - What can I say?
I'm cheap and it's easy.

3. When do you put up the tree?
As soon as I have time.
(this year it was up Dec. 1st)

4. When do you take the tree down?
New Year's

5. Do you like eggnog?
Not full strength, usually I do 50% nog 50% milk.
One cup and I'm good for the rest of the season.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Stuffed koala - Sammy
Christmas 1988 (I still have him)

7. Hardest person to buy for?
Kent's parents. What do you get people that
have everything in my price bracket?

8. Easiest person to buy for?
ME! or Jack he's easy too

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
I heart Nativity scenes.
We currently have 5 (cheap ones).

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail (it's just more exciting to get real mail)

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
"Back up gifts" from friends that feel
weird if I drop off a little something.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
It's A Wonderful Life

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Depends, this year I did everything on Black Friday.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes, maybe even yours...

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
peppermint bark, wassel,
Honey Baked ham, and cheesy potatoes

16. Lights on the tree?
The more the better

17. Favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We always travel. This year's spot - Scottsdale, AZ.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
Dasher,Dancer, Prancer, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen,
Rudolph (I'm missing someone aren't I? I checked it's Vixen.)

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?

Star
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning?
With the Howes - Early Morning
With the Allens - After Christmas Breakfast

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Finding something broken when you pull your
decorations out of storage (darn you tiny glass balls).

23. Favorite Ornament theme or color?
Homemade/shabby chic

24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner?
ham or cheesy potatoes

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Sewing machine and supplies.

26. What are your favorite Christmas traditions?
Advent Calendars, seeing Temple lights,
reading the nativity story to Jack,
Gingerbread houses/decorating sugar cookies,
Christmas Cards, I could go on and on...

I tag anyone who's feeling extra jolly.
Scrooges need not bother...

Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Jenn Kirk said...

Is that pic taken at the visitor's center? Wish I had a chance to go in. But it was really nice running into you guys!

Have a happy New Year!

Amber said...

happy new year! It was good to hear from you...glad you figured out the commenting thing :) Your Christmas card was cute...so funny.

Collette said...

Happy New Year! We do have Disneyland passes.. I try to go about once a week.. sometimes every other! We should for sure go! The boys would have fun playing together and doing the guy stuff! You'll have to let me know when you have time! =)

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

Merry Christmas AND Happy New Year!

I totally love wrapping paper more than gift bags too and I'm jealous of the 5 navities. I love them but I'm holding out for the perfect one (which means $$$$).

-Susanna

Jen said...

Loved reading about your favorite things! I loved your Christmas Card - and I have to say that pic was awesome, who took it? ;) Your family is so cute I just want to pinch all your cheeks!

Michelle & Steve said...

Loved reading your Christmas favorites - it's a fun list. I also LOVED you Christmas card this year - darling picture full of character - perfect!