On March 26th Jack & I took
"the plunge" into the wet & wild world of
potty training!
(dun, dun, dun...)

I decided to take the 3 Day Potty Training route.
Which meant:
No diapers...period. Tons of fluids,
consistency, patience, & praise.
(click here if you'd like to learn more about 3 Day Potty Training)

Were we insane? Maybe, but these
charts speak for themselves.

Day 1 - 25 % accuracy 75% accidents.

Day 2 - 50/50 split.

Day 3 - 75% accuracy 25% accidents
Progress was tract. Praise doled out liberally
(as were candy bribes & matchbox cars).
The washing machine never stopped running.
And I finished off a bottle of Tylenol.

A prize for going #2 in the potty.
Did the 3 Day Potty Training work?
Yes. By the middle of day 2 Jack was
telling me when he needed to pee.
Jack wasn't perfectly potty trained in 3 days,
he needed more time to recognize what it felt like
to need to go #2, but he was almost there.

Jack's motivational reading.
This has been the longest 2 weeks of our lives,
but Jack & I happy to report
that Jack has gone days without an accident,
gets up @ night to pee, & wakes up dry
in the morning!
Jack I want you to know that I'm so very proud
of you for conquering this huge milestone.
I can't help but smile when I think of how far
you've come in such a short period of time.

The End
potty training!
(dun, dun, dun...)
I decided to take the 3 Day Potty Training route.
Which meant:
No diapers...period. Tons of fluids,
consistency, patience, & praise.
(click here if you'd like to learn more about 3 Day Potty Training)
Were we insane? Maybe, but these
charts speak for themselves.
Day 1 - 25 % accuracy 75% accidents.
Day 2 - 50/50 split.
Day 3 - 75% accuracy 25% accidents
Progress was tract. Praise doled out liberally
(as were candy bribes & matchbox cars).
The washing machine never stopped running.
And I finished off a bottle of Tylenol.
A prize for going #2 in the potty.
Did the 3 Day Potty Training work?
Yes. By the middle of day 2 Jack was
telling me when he needed to pee.
Jack wasn't perfectly potty trained in 3 days,
he needed more time to recognize what it felt like
to need to go #2, but he was almost there.
Jack's motivational reading.
This has been the longest 2 weeks of our lives,
but Jack & I happy to report
that Jack has gone days without an accident,
gets up @ night to pee, & wakes up dry
in the morning!
Jack I want you to know that I'm so very proud
of you for conquering this huge milestone.
I can't help but smile when I think of how far
you've come in such a short period of time.
The End

















11 comments:
I am way impressed, I think I will let you potty train Liza when the time comes. I have to say that potty training I think is the my least favorite thing about parenting. Not fun. Good job Jack on waking up dry, that is definetly something to be proud of.
Congrats to Jack for making the big jump into the world of big boy underwear! And congratulations to you, Jodi, for surviving the madness of potty training :) I've seen little blurbs about the 3-day potty training. I'll have to read more about it but I think I get the idea from your post. Keep up the good work, Jack!
Way to go Jack!
Hayden is doing great as well. We haven't had accidents for a few days. The last two days Hayden has woken up dry. I was shocked. Hayden always woke up soaked. This morning h woke up and said, "Mommy, a potty!" I quickly let him out of his room and he went right in and went potty. We were in the car the other day and he told me he had to go potty. I told him to wait and he did!
We are still working on pooping in the potty. He seems scared. Any tips?
hooray! good job jodi and jack. I'm pretty much convinced this potty training thing is as much about training the parent in patience as it it training the kid. so we cheated with Hannah on the night time thing- we use pull ups 'sleeping panties' but last night it was a fight to get her to wear them- I should just quit putting them on her... how does he wake himself up? -keely
Hooray for you and Jack!!!
isn't it a nice feeling....
Had tears in my eyes this morn reading about another family victory,Im so proud of all of you for helping jack reach this level of freedom in big boyhood.Congrats Jack,Papas proud of you! see you all on Sat. Love Papa & Gma
Great job Jack AND Jodi. I want night time tips. We did well for a long time and then a few weeks back he had a couple of mornings he work up wet.
Gotta love Thomas underware! They are a favorite here.
Good job! I'm impressed. Potty training is not something I'm looking forward to (the process, that is. The end result I am very much looking forward to).
-Susanna
yay! So exciting! I'm totally motivated to start for real with Tanner!
awesome progress! i love your chart! (and including what YOU learned...you'll love that in 10 years!)
glad to hear there's progress...keep it up. it's all about consistency!
Love your blog! Check us out at: http://alistairgodfrey.blogspot.com/
Loren & Kristen Godfrey
Post a Comment