Monday, July 9, 2007

Playing Tourist (June 23)

I read in the newspaper a couple weeks ago that
Huntington Beach's
population jumps a whopping
100,000
during tourist season.
In honor of the out-of-towners that invade our home,
Kent and Idecided to hit the
boardwalk for a day of "sight seeing."

Here is a photo essay of the days highlights:


Kent and I with the HB signature
beach cruiser.



Argh, a flying pirate ship!



Cruiser parking was a nightmare under the pier!



I quickly snapped this picture at the street fair

(didn't want the vendor lady to get mad at me).



Outside of Huntington Surf and Sport we snapped a
picture of
surfing super star Rob Machado.

(Who just happens to be Kent's favorite surfer)



My foot fit perfectly into Layne Beachley's print... neat!



Sadly I forgot to snap a picture of the pier, but don't worry
I didn't forget the water treatment facility. Somehow
this historic landmark is always forgotten
in the tourist brochures...

Sending our love from Surf City-
Kent, Jodi, and Jackson Howe

2 comments:

The Bish Fam said...

Way to be tourists and learn all about the fun sights in Huntington...it is prime land I hear :) I guess all of the visitors makes riding your bike even better - no parking (except for the bikes). That's funny how many bikes there are...It is like Holland where the train stations are packed with bikes. Sounds like you guys are having fun!

Amber said...

I love the beach cruiser with baby caboose! What a fun way to get around with your little guy.