Monday, September 3, 2007

Happy Labor Day!



Happy Labor Day!

In honor of all of Kent's hard work
we headed
to the beach for a
day of goofing off, sun, and snacks!

Who better to hang with than Kent's
boss and his family (we love those
Hafens) and 20 of our
favorite friends
(plus all their kids).


We wanted to stay at the beach as
long as possible, since
our little
coastal town has been baking at
around 95 degrees. I know some of
you are rolling your eyes at the 95 degree comment, but common, when the beach is

95 where to you go to cool down? Certainly
not our place, we don't have AC
(Why? We live at the beach.)


When we could ignore our tummies no
longer, we headed
to In-n-Out for
a little
Labor Day lunch. Jack feasted
on
french fries and lemonade, while
Kent and I enjoyed the best burgers around.


Then it was off to the pool to try to
cool down.
We are so proud of Jack,
he was so happy in the water (a rarity).
Jack dazzled us with his splashing,
bubble blowing, and fish like swimming.

We all
agreed this was one of
the best
Labor Days ever!

We hope you all had as much fun as we did!

Love, The Howes

10 comments:

Laura Howe said...

looks like you guys had a great Labor Day. A fun family outing to the beach, I love work days off. You all look great.

Lorne said...

Very fun jodi, love the pics and the music, who is it? it all makes me excited for camping... almost here, hooray!
-Keely

Jodi said...

Keely,
The band is Plain White Tees with their song "Let Me Take You There." I really like them right now... .
10 more days and we'll be camping at San Elijo! We can't wait.

Cyndi said...

that looks like a fun Day!!! I'm so missing the beach being back in Salt Lake. After seeing your pictures I am so CRAVING In-N-Out!!!! I miss that even more than the beach right now. :)

Michelle... said...

You guys have too much fun out there! Glad it was such a great Labor Day.

Michelle & Steve said...

Awesome slide show...looks like a fun day! Gotta love holidays!!

Michelle... said...

Just FYI - I have loved your slides shows so I finally gave it a try. It is really easy and looks great. Definately the way to go with a lot of pictures. Thanks again for a great idea.

Tricia said...

You made everyone not in S. Cal missed the beach and everything about it!!! That looks like such a fun day. I can get In N Out in Vegas, but for some reason it tasts so much better after a long day at the beach! Jack is so cute, I love the picture of him sleeping on the beach with Kent.

Monson Family said...

Okay, I am going to pipe in on the homesick-ness! I have been craving that atmosphere and both Cyndi and Tricia called me and said you did a new post that would make it worse! But hey, atleast one of us can enjoy it right! It looks like you guys had such a fun time! That is so funny about the heat, but it is so true, barely anyone has AC so when it gets a little hot...you are hot for good! I hear ya! It's good to see pics of you guys! I LOVE it!
Lanae

Michelle... said...

I must have had my computer on mute (which I usually do because I check emails and blogs during James' nap). Anyway, I absolutely loved the song you had on your slide show. Perfect weekend/vacation memory song. I need to check this band out a little more!