Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Rise And Shout The Cougars Are Out!


Saturday was the big UCLA / BYU football game.

Like every other Alumni in the Orange County Region
Kent and I packed up the family to see the old Alma Mater
battle it out with the Bruins.


It wasn't hard to tell who was rooting for whom.
All the BYU fans were carrying
kids and all the UCLA fans were carrying beers!


I over heard some drunk guy telling his rather
overweight friend that he would be comparing all the
[ugly] BYU girls to him. I thought about telling him I
was one of those ugly BYU girls he was referring too,
but thought better of it. I embarrass Kent when I do
things like that. Kent still won't let me live down the time
I asked a protester outside of the Conference Center
why he was so angry.


Jack wasn't too keen on all the noise. I kind
of capitalized on this and got in all the cuddles I could.


So what if we didn't win...
We had a blast. And we couldn't help
but feel proud of our Cougars for
holding their own despite bad calls, heat,
and ranked #11 UCLA.

5 comments:

The Bish Fam said...

You went to the game after all! I guess you decided to buck up and take the heat! It was a good game even though our cougars lost...if nothing else, games are always good for some people watching!

Cyndi said...

That sounds like such a fun time! Love the pictures and the silly story about the "ugly" BYU girls and the BYU family's and the UCLA drunkards. All in all it sounds like a good family outing.

Monson Family said...

That is TOO FUNNY about the beers and the kids! HA HA! I LOVE it! You guys look so cute! I love the family picture! Jack looks SO cute in it! What a cute little face! I am glad you got cuddle time! I know, I haven't had a cuddler yet and I would just love to cuddle them sometimes! I am glad you had a fun time!

Tara said...

Hey, we went too! Too bad we didn't see you. But you are RIGHT ON that you could tell in a second which team someone was there for! I saw one guy with a BYU shirt rushing around carrying this floral diaper-bag. I thought "Even if he wasn't wearing the BYU shirt, you would know which team he was there supporting!" Ü
Too funny!

Laura Howe said...

Don't worry Jodi, I won't ever forget when you asked the guy why he was so angry either. -Milas-