Monday, September 17, 2007

San Elijo


Camping: San Elijo State Beach
September
13- September 16th, 2007

Sun, Sand, and Surfing
Fun!

This year for our yearly camp out we went
to San Elijo in beautiful Cardiff, California.
I love this place. I have tons of happy memories
camping here as a kid. Plus the beach is beautiful.
When the tide goes out there is beach for miles...




The Campsite:

We bought a new tent this year (it's the red one)
and it's ridiculously big!This bad boy has
2 rooms, 2 doors, and too many instructions.



























The Beach:

Jack's big obsession on the beach was rock hunting.
He carried this little yellow pail up and down
the beach collection rocks. Here's some
pictures of Jack's rock adventures.

















Jack also enjoyed digging with the sand toys
and dumping pails of water over.
I'd love to
say that he played well with Hannah,
but he didn't
really play with her,
he more played beside her.































Around Town:

Every time we ventured into town we saw
at least a couple
of woodies. Did you know
woodies were never mass produced.
Back in
the day, you could buy kits to convert your car
into a woody,
hence all the different models.































We saw a lot of statues around town.
Here are our favorites!

"Man with Hose"


"Magic Carpet Ride"


I've seen these signs in magazines and shops for sale,
but I've never actually seen them posted along a street.
















The Henkels:

This is our third year camping with those crazy Henkels.
Thanks for the memories...

















I'm so sad I forgot to snap a family photo,
but you get the idea. Left to Right- Keely, Hannah, and Lorne Henkel







Past,
Present, Future:

Take a trip down memory lane with us... .



Kent and Jodi 2005
(I had morning sickness on the beach)



Kent and Jodi and baby Jack 2006


Jodi, Kent, and Jack 2007

Time flies when you're Camping!

2008???

7 comments:

Cyndi said...

Looks like a fun trip. I wish I could be camping on the beach right now!!! I like that you posted the past years pictures...that is fun! Jack looks so cute in his swimsuit and rash guard! I like his rock collection. Silly kids!

Wilde Mom said...

What a great tradition! I wish we lived closer to the beach. That would be much better then the Bear infested mountains where we camp. Oh, well. Glad you had fun.

Michelle... said...

What a great trip. I love the flashback pictures. You two haven't changed a bit. Well, except Kent's hair do!

Laura Howe said...

Kent's hair is really long. Nice!

Lorne said...

very fun pics, i finally got mine up today, you are so great about narrating along with your pictures, it makes it fun to read.

Amber said...

That looks like so much fun! I have so many great memories of camping growing up. I'm sure Jack had a lot of fun...water, sand, rocks and getting dirty:)

Monson Family said...

SOO Fun! I can't believe you camped with such little kids! I haven't even braved that one yet. Do they sleep okay? We aren't that big of campers though! But I have to say, camping on the beach is the only way to go! It looks like you guys had so much fun! The babies are too cute! I love Jack's trunks and rash guard! LOVE the family shot! And the bucket...what a hit I am sure!