March 15th, Kent, Jackson, and I packed up the car and headed to Arizona.
Why you ask? To visit Nana and Pops of course.
Our second reason for visiting was to hunt down some cute fabric for Jack and Jill's room and to get started on the bedding. What you may not realize is how very hard it is to find coordinating fabric for boys and girls.
St. Patrick's Day was picked for operation fabric hunt down. Four fabric stores later we still hadn't found anything "eye catching" for the kids. We decided to head back to Nana's house to print off a coupon and check out some more fabric websites. Then, inspiration struck, I saw this invite to a bridal shower and I knew it was love at first sight! I had my color scheme.
green, brown, and hot pink (love it)
Now all I needed was fabric to match my inspiration. Back to hunting the racks... Four hours later and with the help of two impressive quilters here is the fabric that Nana and I picked out. I'm really proud of our finds.
Fabric for the kids' bedding...
...at last!
Thank you Nana for schlepping one unmistakably pregnant woman around all day to every fabric store in the greater Phoenix area. And thank you for offering to make the bedding for our brother sister combo. We know how very lucky we are to have you for our Nana.
(I'll post a picture of the bedding and kids' room after things are painted, made, and set up. Look for the post some time around the arrival of Jilley!)
Our second reason for visiting was to hunt down some cute fabric for Jack and Jill's room and to get started on the bedding. What you may not realize is how very hard it is to find coordinating fabric for boys and girls.
St. Patrick's Day was picked for operation fabric hunt down. Four fabric stores later we still hadn't found anything "eye catching" for the kids. We decided to head back to Nana's house to print off a coupon and check out some more fabric websites. Then, inspiration struck, I saw this invite to a bridal shower and I knew it was love at first sight! I had my color scheme.
Now all I needed was fabric to match my inspiration. Back to hunting the racks... Four hours later and with the help of two impressive quilters here is the fabric that Nana and I picked out. I'm really proud of our finds.
Thank you Nana for schlepping one unmistakably pregnant woman around all day to every fabric store in the greater Phoenix area. And thank you for offering to make the bedding for our brother sister combo. We know how very lucky we are to have you for our Nana.
(I'll post a picture of the bedding and kids' room after things are painted, made, and set up. Look for the post some time around the arrival of Jilley!)

















12 comments:
I'm so glad to have been part of your inspiration, glad to be of service :)
I love love LOVE the fabrics. They are so cute!
Great colors! It is really hard finding good coordinating fabric. I ended up going to the internet to find the fabric for James' quilt.
ooooooh, love the fabric!
Oh my HECK I love those FABRICS!!!! Great WORK! It's going to be awesome.
I like the color combo. I look forward to checking back and seeing how it all turns out :) Wish someone would make mine for me!! You're so lucky!
Ashlee you made those cute invitations? I guess it only makes sense, it was your sisters Bridal Shower. You got great style!
Very cute colors, can't wait to see it all done! -keely
Hi, this is kinda random but I'm Chelsea, the official bride of the bridal shower. My sister Ashlee told me about your inspiration, pretty funny to see a pic of them on the internet! My wedding invites are those colors too! :) Those fabrics are too cute!
Chelsea, thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. Congratulations on your impending marriage. Your wedding colors are the cutest. Thanks for having such great taste, so that my kids could benefit!
That is the cutest bedding I have ever saw!
I was just thining how brown with pops of bright color would be cute for a kids room (ok, so I saw it in a magazine.) I love the colors and fabrics...what a cute little kids room it will be.
Post a Comment