Sunday, March 2, 2008

Out with the bath water!

For weeks now our bathroom has been under construction. Eek! I won't scare you with too many before pictures, but I will mention that most everything in said bathroom was original from the birth our little townhouse in 1963. I must admit that I never ever bathed Jack in our tub. It just didn't meet my cleanliness standards.

Here is just a small sampling of what our "before" bathroom
looked like. Do you like the duct tape? I think it really
rounded out the hill billy vibe our bathroom was giving off. Gross!


Well I'm happy to report that after lots of construction, dirt, and side projects. Our bathroom is almost finished! We just need to paint and put up all the fun stuff (mirrors, hooks, pictures, etc.) I don't want to unveil the whole bathroom just yet, it will look perfect in a week or five, be patient!


I am happy to report that Jack is loving the new tub. Look at the joy on this boy's face. Goodbye showering with the folks, hello bubbles, toys, and splashing.

5 comments:

Tricia said...

Love the tub! I can't wait to see the final product. I'm wanting to decorate our downstairs bathroom so maybe I'll get some ideas from you! Jack is too cute in his bathtub!

Amber said...

I love that tub with the fancy border. Good look with all the finishing touches...that should be the fun part, right?

Monson Family said...

Okay, how gorgeous is that tub!?! I LOVE it! Love the detail around the edge! I bet he is LOVING the bath! Bathtime is the best because you can just sit back a relax a bit! (meanwhile, dodging the splashes!) But you get to enjoy giggles and fun! Enjoy your new bathroom! I can't wait to see more pictures! So far I LOVE it!

shari berry bo-berry said...

cool tub!!!! i bet that feels so good to have it done. let me know if you want me to watch Jack so you can get some decorating done!!! (then maybe it won't be 5 weeks..:)

Laura Howe said...

So nice! I bet you are loving it. What an amazing transformation. Have fun hanging all the other stuff.