Tuesday May 27th:
Was Jill's due date.
I had my membranes stripped
(sorry I know it's a gross phrase) and we
scheduled an induction for the following day.
Wednesday May 28th:
At the stroke of Midnight
contractions start.
4:30 am I know they are "the real thing."
7:50 am Admitted into Hoag
Hospital's L&D Unit.
8:15 am IV in
9:40 am Epidural administered
10:05 am Ruptured waters
11:15 am Dilated to a 5
12:12 pm Pushin' time
12: 27 pm Welcome baby Jill.
Long Story Short:
Jill's birth started on it's own.
There was no induction,
just talk of one... .
Way to go body!
We spent 2 days in the hospital-
The food was good, the nurses were wonderful, our daughter is an angel,
Jack is an amazingly loving big brother,
and I fear I may need to carry around an
inflatable doughnut for the rest of my life!
Was Jill's due date.
I had my membranes stripped
(sorry I know it's a gross phrase) and we
scheduled an induction for the following day.
Wednesday May 28th:
At the stroke of Midnight
contractions start.
4:30 am I know they are "the real thing."
7:50 am Admitted into Hoag
Hospital's L&D Unit.
8:15 am IV in
9:40 am Epidural administered
10:05 am Ruptured waters
11:15 am Dilated to a 5
12:12 pm Pushin' time
12: 27 pm Welcome baby Jill.
Long Story Short:
Jill's birth started on it's own.
There was no induction,
just talk of one... .
Way to go body!
We spent 2 days in the hospital-
The food was good, the nurses were wonderful, our daughter is an angel,
Jack is an amazingly loving big brother,
and I fear I may need to carry around an
inflatable doughnut for the rest of my life!




















17 comments:
I love the pictures, she's beautiful! looks like fun... ha ha. the whole bathing thing 6 hours later is new to me, but it makes sense. can't wait to meet her. -keely
Congratulations Jodi and Kent. She's beautiful. SaraMeg
Precious, precious. Congratulations, again. Visit soon, so we can all meet her!
And don't worry about the donut pillow. After #2, I thought my body would never be the same, but you know, it has an uncanny way of fixing itself just fine.
She is beautiful. I am so happy you posted pictures I have been wanting to call you and hear the story and I am glad to hear it. She definetly looks like a sibling of Jack. I am so excited to see you guys in a few weeks.
She's adorable and you look great, Jodi! Congrats!
She is absolutely gorgeous! I am so glad everything went so well!
It was fun to watch that slide show. Great pictures. She is such a cutie. She looks so much like Jack. The "what have I gotten myself into look" will become very familiar the next few months! Just wait til you are trying to nurse and potty train at the same time! Oh the joys. It is really great having two, but definately a lot of work. Congratulations - we are so excited for you guys.
She's beautiful, Jodi! And Jack does look like an amazingly loving big brother!
She is so cute! Congratulations to you guys :) I loved seeing the pictures and hearing the details...
Thanks for sharing the pictures. She is so beautiful.
Hey Jodi- it is Sharla Palmer from Freedom- congrats- I love how you wrote the story-and she is beautiful!! Great photos too. (get my email from Michelle or Jessica or Becca) Take care- I still have a doughnut around my middle and always will-:)
The pictures of Jill in her beanie from her Nana are adorable. I'm glad it all went well. She's beautiful!
Congratulations Jodi. She's beautiful. I'm glad labor started naturally...I hear pitocin is not fun.
YEAH! Jill just needed to be in charge of when she was going to come! The pictures are precious, what a cuties she is. I hope you are adjusting well to having 2 little ones!
I can't wait to see and hold her! She's so cute! I didn't think she looked like Jack, but now I am having second thoughts.
Thanks for sharing all of the pictures...she is so beautiful! Congrats!
Sounds like things went smoothly and how nice that things happened naturally for you. Jillian is such a beautiful baby! (All the pictures take me back to Nathan's birth....memories.) Hope the adjustment to being a mama of two is going well!
Post a Comment