Monday, February 16, 2009

True Dat


(Click on photo to enlarge column for reading)

Dear Carolyn,
Loved your response.
If only everyone could be
schooled in "the ways of mom"
by someone as eloquent as you.
-Happy in Huntington

10 comments:

Spendy said...

Wow. I would just like to say on behalf of the "non-moms" like me... we are not all as arrogant as the woman complaining in this article. Take your 10 minutes to yourself! And call me when that's how you want to relax. I'll understand!

Shawna said...

That was awesome. And may I add one more thing to the list: Moms (and dads for that matter) don't get full nights of sleep. Forget 10 minutes to myself to be alone with my thoughts, all I want is a pillow ;).

Anonymous said...

amen to that. it's crazy how life changes with kids (or kid), i'm sure it will only change more once i've got two. I've been wondering how you are? nice to see you're 'happy in huntington'. -keely

Kristie K. said...

What a great response! how casually this crazy girl sees our life, nurturing and teaching and loving takes way more than she thinks...

Anonymous said...

Jodi Allen? This is Sara (Talbutt) Cameron- married to Dan from the VC pool!! If this isn't Jodi Allen, sorry!
PS I here this from time to time. All I have to say is, go ahead and try it for a week!

shari berry bo-berry said...

Jodi, so I am just now FINALLY reading this.

LOL - "keep your snit to yourself" -- LOVE THAT!!!!!!!! that is going to be my new phrase to abuse!

Oh yeah, and the part about constantly relegating your needs to 2nd tier -- didn't that happen when we got married? Then to 3rd tier when baby came along...then 4th when 2nd baby came along...then 5th tier when 3rd baby came along...

and they wonder why we have no time?

SHEESH! oh yeah, and seriously loved the part about feeding her forehead some keyboard.

thanks for sharing!!!!!!!

and i'm "Happy in Fountain Valley!"

Jeni said...

Love it!!! I think I'll post it on my blog!

AZ Allreds said...

AMEN!!! I think it takes me more like an hour or more what takes others only 15 minutes. My brain hurts...

Michelle & Steve said...

Thanks for posting this, Jodi. Carolyn hit it right on the head - she must be a mother herself. Speaking of how right she is...I've got two kids and myself that need to get dressed right now...hope you have a great day!

Tanya said...

That was beautifully written.