Wednesday, June 3, 2009

get your coupon on

Since we are in an economic downturn
and we're all looking for ways to
make our dollar go farther
,
I've decided that I need to try
to figure out couponing (again).


***
I've tried to coupon at least 5
times before, but it's a "hobby"
with a lot of steps, and what
seems to be a steep learning curve.
***

That is, until I came upon
some interesting sites.

(click on the links below to go explore!)

Attention Target Shoppers-
Tells you all the best deals for the week
& even adds links for each deal's online coupon.
This site is a real jewel & the coupons
work for any store.

Stretching a Buck-
Has a section entitled:
couponing 101,
which is sure to make even
the worst shopper coupon savvy.

Grocery Smarts-Good for So. Cal,
Washington, Nevada, & Idaho
This site tells you the price of each item in
the store, coupons to use, &
even the best time to use them.

Crazy Koupon Lady-
Ideally meant for the Idaho shopper,
but she also runs a course on
couponing basics

A Full Cup
-
Online coupon printing,
tips, & trading.
You have to sign up, but
they have special in-store coupons
for my favorite store-Target (and
tons of other stores too).

Coupons(dot)com-
Best printable coupon site that
I know of. They will email you each week
with their new set of coupons.
You "clip" the ones you like & print them
to your computer.
(Just remember this site is only a deal
if you actually use the coupons you print.)
***

Like I've stated, I'm new to this whole couponing
thing, so if you have any great sites please
share them in the comment section.
I'm open to tricks and techniques too, so
don't hold out on me!
***
Any who, here's my first attempt at
shopping the sales, using coupons,
and mail-in rebates.
***

Not too shabby for a beginner,
if I do say so myself!
***

(click on photo to enlarge and see my post-it savings)
P.S.-It's hidden so, I paid $ .50
each for the name brand cream cheese!
***

I think I'm hooked!

9 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

that is so rad Jodi!!!! way to go!

thanks for sharing all those cool links!!

Lorne said...

good job, I'm kind of an on again off again couponer, but I keep all my coupons- that target site is a great one- watch out is addicting. it's crazy how much time people spend on this stuff. -keely

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

I appreciate this post because I have tried coupons before and have failed. (I bought three things just because I had a coupon then found them in my pocket on the way to the car) But this has reinspired me... so thanks.

Michelle... said...

That is impressive. I have gotten coupons for awhile and haven't been as good at using them as I should. Do you have a good system for organizing them at home and the store? A site I refer back to all the time is http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com I love that people post great deals they find and at least in UT and ID they have the add specials listed with the sale price and the price with coupons and where to get the coupons.

Chad~Nicole said...

It's an addicting habit. My favorite sites: pinchingyourpennies.com and bargainmoms.blogspot.com

Amber said...

I noticed your new buttons and clicked on a few. I try to use coupons but I'm not a serious coupon user. But I always love a good deal, who doesn't right? I'll have to look at those sites a little more, especially the Target ones.

Jenn Kirk said...

Yes, thanks for that Target link!! I love coupons, though I'm not so good at looking through ads and comparing prices at different stores.

Lady Dot said...

Wow, you did awesome! I've heard people talk about couponing before but I'm not sure I'm organized enough to do it!
-Susanna

Suzanne Jeanette said...

Hi Jodi, I've been in the same boat lately. I've tried to start couponing at least four times, and recently started again. This time got everything organized, coupons in a binder, looking at weekly sales and comparing... so far haven't used too many but I am on my way! When it comes down to it, couponing isn't just couponing, you have to menu plan, keep track of average prices in your stores to make sure you're getting a deal, and have time and energy to spend extra time in the grocery store. I'm sure it gets easier with time. Good luck and keep us posted on how you're doing!
I like moneysavingmom.com and afrugalfriend.blogspot.com for great deals...