Monday, February 4, 2008

You Say Goodbye, I Say Hello

Goodbye President Hinckley

I always felt like he knew me.
I always felt like he understood
my generation and our challenges.
I appreciated his humor and easygoing attitude.
I loved his ability to be kind and firm at the same time.
I loved his tenacity for building temples.
I knew he was a prophet of God.

Thank you for leading us these past 13 years;
you will always hold a special place in my heart.

*****

Hello President Monson

Today it was announced that Thomas S. Monson will
be the new Prophet of The Church of
Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

His counselors are Henry B. Eyring
and Dieter F. Uchtdorf.

President Monson won't be filling
President Hinckley's shoes;
he will be wearing his own and making his
own mark as an individual. I look forward to
Conference in April and hearing from
our new first presidency.
They are a powerful trio.

And I can't help but wonder what I will love
and appreciate about our new Prophet

as he serves the Church and our Lord.

1 comment:

Gramma Stewie said...

What a BEAUTIFUL POST!!! I love the title...I sing it when I read it (Beatles fans know what I mean). Jodi this post brings tears to my eyes....what a sweet tribute to both our past president and our new presidency. I feel YOUR goodness from this post, Jodi! Well said!