Thursday, April 17, 2008

Baking and a Lil' Blog Stalking

I know we are all guilty of it,
but I'm going to come right out &
admit it.
I have been known to peruse blog
rolls of friends.
I have also been known to
catch up daily on the
lives of complete strangers
(be they friends of friends,
if that makes it any better).
I admit it-I am a blog stalker!
I'm not completely proud of this fact, but find it
less scary to admit on my blog that I admire
someone else's
blog than to post a comment admitting
it on said blog(s).


Having said all of this, I will freely tell you
there is this one blog that I totally adore!

This Mom/Wife/Woman is amazing!
She takes amazing pictures, bakes delicious food,
sews, crafts, contantly keeps her kids
busy with amazing outings, crafts, and baking lessons.
And if that wasn't enough, it appears that
she keeps an immaculate house! She might just
be Super Woman and I can't help but have a
little hero worship as I check in on her life (daily).


Last week I tried a recipe from Super Woman's blog-

Bodacious blueberry muffins.

They were so great even Jack ate them!
(He's totally picky about what he puts in his mouth.)
He liked them so much, every time I turned around
another muffin was missing off the cooling rack.


Just wanted to pass along the recipe.
And relieve my guilty conscious... .


bodacious blueberry muffins

1 and 3/4 C flour
1/3 C sugar
2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 beaten egg
3/4 C milk
1/4 C cooking oil
1 C blueberries

Mix together all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl
mix together beaten egg, milk, and oil. Add the wet
ingredients to the dry and mix until just moistened.
Fold in blueberries. Place in prepared muffin pan.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes, or
until tops are golden brown.


10 comments:

Monson Family said...

You are so funny! I do the same every now and then! Too funny!

Susanne said...

Okay, okay... I'll admit it. I stalk your blog every now and then (and a bunch of other ones when I'm not busy taking care of the kids). I don't know if you remember me from institute in Ventura, but you probably remember my hubby, Nate Ashby. Anyway, your family is adorable! Thanks for the recipe. I LOVE blueberry muffins, so I'll have to try these out! :-) And stop by our blog anytime... nateandsan.blogspot.com
(I even tried out one of the blog backgrounds from the link on your blog... what a great site!)

Tricia said...

I'm guilty too! Are you going to share this wonderful blog so we can stalk too?? The muffins look yummy. I need to go to Costco and get some blueberries. Thanks for sharing.

marisa said...

Please, I want the blog address to so I can turn into SUPER WOMAN! I think that we are all guilty of the blog stalking now and then!

Lorne said...

sounds yummy, can't wait to try them. I just tried a new recipe for lemon bars today and have already eaten way too many of them. if they're Jack approved they must be good! -keely

Jenn Kirk said...

I'm pretty sure I successfully found that blog you've been stalking. Homegirl is insane crafty! Maybe it helps having slightly older children? Either way, she rocks and is definitely an inspiration.

Jodi said...

I'm still out to lunch on revealing the site of my Super Woman. I think that raises my blog stalking from harmless groupie to obsessed fan. I'll have to email the friend who actually knows my Hero and see what she thinks.

As for you Jenn, you are one serious "go getter" if you've sifted through my friends friends to find this mystery blogger.

Jenn Kirk said...

Hmmmmm, I actually found it another way. Sneaky me! It's been a very sneaky week for me...

Amber said...

Jodi-
I sent you an email about this blogger friend. She is amazing and I check her blog daily too. I'm sure she would be happy to have new visitors. There's been quite a few recipes of hers that I've wanted to try and this muffin recipe was one of them.

marisa said...

so please share!!!
p.s. I am making the muffins for my seminary class I get to teach tomorrow!