Thursday, May 15, 2008

28

Today I celebrate my 28th Birthday!

And as I wax nostalgic over the many
fond memories I've gathered over the years, I can't help
but think about all my life has become.

Just like many of you, I feel blessed to live the life
I lead.
I'm so grateful for the family I grew up in,
the experiences I've had, the people that have enriched my
life along the way, and the trials that I've had.
I'm grateful to know who I am, where I'm going, and
from whom all my blessings stem. I'm grateful for the
little family I have now, and
all the
happiness the future is yet to bring.


I guess all this sentiment stems from one song
I like to listen to over and over.
It's called "Rite of Spring", by Angels & Airwaves.
I wouldn't say these guys are deep,
but they're definitely on to something.

If I had a chance for another try,
I wouldn't change a thing,
It's made me all who I am inside.

And if I could thank God that I am here and that I am alive,

And everyday I wake I tell myself a little harmless lie,

The whole wide world is mine...

The summer's gone, the years have passed.

My friends have changed, a few did last.

The smallest dreams got pushed aside,

The largest ones, they changed my life.

All I've wished for has come to pass,

From Rock 'n Roll, to love, and cash

It's all success if it's what you need,
Do what you like and do it honestly,

If I had a chance for another try,
I wouldn't change a thing,

It's made me all who I am inside.

And if I could thank God that I am here and that I am alive
And everyday I wake I tell myself a little harmless lie,
The whole wide world is mine...

I'm proud of what I've accomplished these
28 years.
I've worked hard. And if I keep believing
the whole wide world is mine, I might just look
back on the next 28 years with as much pride
and accomplishment!

17 comments:

Susanne said...

Happy 28th!

Renee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope you have a great day!!!

Wilde Mom said...

Happy Birthday Jodi! Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you. Hope your day is wonderful.

Master Fatty said...

Hi Babe, happy birthday. I so glad your parents watched Jack last night so we could go out. I just want you to know that i am so grateful for you, and I love you. You're my best friend!

Shawna said...

Happy Birthday Jodi!

Ashlee said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a great day.

The Bish Fam said...

Wahoo! You are 28. I hope that you have a wonderful day today...such big things going on these next few weeks. Good luck with everything! Happy Birthday!

xoxo
Becca

Young Family said...

Happy birthday.

Jen said...

JODY!! Have a wonderful 29th year!!!
You are a great mother and wife and have a darling family!! I'm so glad we are friends! Oh,yea, I've been meaning to tell you that Paul has a man crush on Kent.

Monson Family said...

YEAH! Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you had a great day! I have to say I LOVE Angels and Airwaves!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday! So who made those cute cupcakes? Very cute with the sprinkle border. Glad to hear that you and Kent were able to go out :)

Jodi said...

You know what? You get a lot more Happy Birthday's when you shamelessly plug your own birth, say compared to hinting around or wishing someone would remember.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!
Jack was pretty sick on my birthday, so we pushed all our birthday plans aside and laid low.

Your comments made my day!

PS-Amber, I made the cupcakes for Jack's birthday in April. You can't tell, but those puppies are tiny and Jack loved every bite.

Jenn Kirk said...

Yay, happy 28th! Those cupcakes look great!

laurdacooj said...

Happy Birthday Jodi! I'm hoping for your birthday you get a ...little Jillian;)

Michelle... said...

I am so glad you had such a great birthday! It is good to look back over your life and be proud of what you've done and who you are.

No shame in plugging your birthday.
Happy Birthday!

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry Jack was sick but you could celebrate later.

shari berry bo-berry said...

Ok, so I'm sorry this is belated, but Happy 28th Birthday you young-beautiful-thing, you! :)

By the way, I love the garbage truck post. I can't tell you how many trucks I've been asked to draw - all types, and if they aren't up to par, my boys let me know! :)