Saturday, July 12, 2008

Blog Post Learning


There are tons of reasons why
I
love to blog
here are a couple of my current favorites:


1. It keeps family & friends updated on our lives.

2. I'm still up and up with friends that live
100's of miles away. Long distance friendships
can actually flourish when blogging!

3. I've made new friends through this blog.
How cool is that?

4. I hate to journal, but blogging comes easy
and I can count it as journaling
as long as I get my posts hard bound.

5. I learn so many great mom tips/advice.

6. I'm reminded daily that I can, should,
and will be a better person if I work hard
and strive for excellence.

#5 & #6 are constantly on my mind as I
read through my favorite blogs.

Recently I was enjoying a friend's blog and she
reminded me that I need to appreciate
my crazy "learning to be a mom of 2" days
.
Not every moment is awesome, and truthfully
I don't think it's supposed to be. But I need
recognize and appreciate all the beautiful moments
of my life even if that means drowning out the noise,
seeing past the clutter, and striving to see the bigger picture.

Here's the music video that inspired her post:

"You're Gonna Miss This"

And I'm going to follow her lead
to spend more time on the floor playing with
my kids and less time blogging.


That doesn't mean that I won't be around,
but it does mean
I'll only be online when
the little ones are asleep.
It's going to be
hard at first, but my kids are worth it!


7 comments:

mylittlegems said...

just wondering- was that from me? I love this video and I posted something like this a while ago- so if it did inspire you-yeah- now I should really turn off my dang computer and play with my 3 -year-old :) glad to get in touch w/ you again! sharla

Chad~Nicole said...

I'm glad we're "new" friends. Thanks for sharing that video.

Jodi said...

Yes Sharla, you inspired me with your post and music video. Thanks for being such a great example to me. I honestly learn so much from your blog and so many other friends and their blogs. Crazy stuff...

Hcatt and Jdogg said...

Jodi! I found your blog through Michelle. You're two kids are darling! Email me and I'll invite you to our blog. It's hreckling with the school district ending. alpine,k12,ut,us.

shari berry bo-berry said...

ahh jodi -- i have thought this so many times! and so i go through phases where i kind of boycott reading and posting. so go enjoy life -- not everything has to be documented in order to give it validity and importance. you'll remember it! :) and your kiddos will love you for just spending time with them.

by the way, so sorry about not dropping by on saturday...our plans changed and we ended up spending the afternoon at the pool. i'll try to come by soon to give you those pics of Jill!!!

Michelle... said...

Blogging with kids is more fun, but there is less and less time to do it. I have reserved nap time and after they are in bed to do mine too.

marisa said...

thanks for making me get all teary eyed! And yep, mine are asleep now too! your kids are lucky to have you as a mom! So i have to tell you a quick story...my sisters and i were all ohhing and ahhing over the ABC book on your friend's site, that Christal randomly clicked on one day. And as i was reading comments i noticed that one of my friend's sisters had commented on the book and then i was looking at my friend's site again and noticed that your friend had commented on her site. So I email something to from my friend and she sends me back this email where she explains that the girl on your site is her little sister...i thought it was totally funny. what a small world we live in!