Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Name & A Blessing

On July 6, 2008
Kent blessed Jillian at Church.


Jill received a beautiful blessing
Here are few bits and pieces:

courage to do what is right,
the ability to recognize the spirit,
compassion and caring for those around her,
a desire for spiritual learning,

good health,

and the ability to be a good sister
and a friend to Jack and all siblings to come.




It was a wonderful day. Perfect for
blessing our special little girl.



Kent's Mom, Terri, made the beautiful blessing
dress & the slip that went underneath.
Heirloom pieces for sure.
And my sweet friend Keely
made Jillian's amazing little bracelet.
Thank you Terri;
Thank you Keely;
Jillian looked like a princess!



Jillian Marie we LOVE you!
You are the perfect addition to our family.

17 comments:

Amber said...

Pretty white gown + bow in hair + plus tiny bracelet = adorable little girl

That picture of Jack holding Jill is so sweet. Oh their cute little faces!

Susanne said...

Oh my goodness, your kids are so CUTE!

Tara said...

Perfect pictures. Everyone's happy and beautiful. I'm very impressed that your MIL made Jillian's dress...it's beautiful, and being handmade? That makes it SO special.
Your little family is awesome! I love reading about all about your sweet family.

Cyndi said...

You all look GREAT! I LOVE: Jillian's Dress, The picture of Jack and Jill, and EVERYTHING ELSE TOO! What a wonderful day!

Tricia said...

I love blessing days because well, you feel so blessed to have your new miracle!! Oh my, Jillian's little dress is so cute, what a treasure. I can't believe how big she is already getting!

Michelle... said...

What a wonderful day. She is just beautiful. The dress is amazing.

Mrs. Dub said...

Loving that you guys went with Jack & Jill. Makes me wonder if we should name all our kids after biblical locations. But Sodom is such a terrible boy name.

Take care!

Young Family said...

Congratulations. She looks beautiful in her dress. I just love blessing dresses.

Monson Family said...

She is absolutely adorable! It sounds like you guys had a beautiful day! You guys are such a precious family! Congratulations!!!

CHRIS and JENNY. said...

How cute is the new addition. Adorable. And I just love that it is jack and Jill. You guys are too cute. When are you going to be in town next? Hope all is well.

Jenny : )

Jennifer said...

She's so sweet! You are a super cute family of 4!

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

So sweet! The pictures are great. What a special day.

Michelle & Steve said...

I LOVE the blessing day! Jillian is so beautiful - you all are really, but it was her day, so she's the most precious!

AZ Allreds said...

Beautiful post...You guys are one beautiful family. I love the name Jillian. Sorry, i have been here for a while. My blog wouldn't link to yours so I finally went through someone else's. I now have it working. Glad to see the beautiful family.

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

You had me at duder. Way to blog jump successfully to me' blog Kent. Good to know you are still alive and kicking. Jack is adorable and little Jillian is very close in age to my little Layla. Jodi your blog is entertaining and fashionable. Good to cyber-catch up with yous guys.

Lindsey

Renee said...

You've been tagged!! Check out my blog!!!
-Renee

Tara said...

Jodi, bummer, it won't let me leave it in here on your comments...crazy BLOGGER. I'm not computer savy enough to know how to TRICK it, so can you email me and I'll send you the link? (tara@surftheweb.com)

Thank you SO much for being willing to put it up on your blog!!! We really appreciate it!