Monday, July 14, 2008

Skadoosh!

A couple Saturday's ago (yes I'm all blogged up),
Jack and I had a little "Mommy & Kidlet time"
alone and went to see Kung Fu Panda.



For those of you that haven't seen this flick we definitely give
it 2 thumbs way up! Then again,
who doesn't enjoy 90 minutes of
cool animation, ninja moves, and banter witty enough
to make this Mom laugh?

This was Jack's first trip to the Movies.
He loved it all! And I had so much
fun watching him take it all in.

He loved the busy carpet:



The snacks:



And Wall*E:



But he was terrified of the Hulk:



I tried telling him this 15 foot monster was fake.
Didn't work.

I tried to pull Jack over to touch this green guy.
Didn't work & I ended up falling over,
that's right, onto the floor!

Finally, I told him the Hulk was a giant TOY and he
calmed down enough to walk past him toward our movie.
I guess I just need to use language he was familiar with.



There really is nothing better than taking
time to enjoy your kids. We ran, laughed, and
smiled all morning. Not once were there tears,
expectations, or reprimands; PARADISE!

7 comments:

Jenn Kirk said...

Cute! I've been wanting to take Kai on a mommy and son date for some time now.

I keep hearing good things about that movie. Maybe we'll try it -- it'll be Kai's first, too. Were you guys able to watch the entire thing?

Young Family said...

That sounds like fun. I look forward to doing that with Hayden but currently he will only watch about 5-10 minutes of tv.

Jodi said...

Jack handled the movie really well. He did get distracted and at one point tried to get up and move around, but I had a pretty good defense lined up. Lots of snacks, lots of whispering, and he sat on my lap the last 30 minutes or so and I rocked him. Plus, his blanket came with us. Oh and did I mention we went to a Saturday Matinee,so almost everyone was under the age of 8? It all helped ensure a pleasurable movie experience for both of us.

Tara said...

We took Allie to this at the local IMAX, and she LOVED it. She still does little ninja moves and talks about "Kung-Fu-Panda." We went to see Wall*E more recently, and she liked it, but it just didn't compare. Guess at our house Kung Fu Panda just rocks! (Hope the DVD comes out for Christmas.)

Cyndi said...

What a nice little outing for just you and JACK. Glad he enjoyed everything!

Tricia said...

My boys love this movie too and Trevor always brings his blanket to the movies too which makes everything ok! I love the movies and so do my boys. I love that you guys had one on one time!!

Michelle... said...

We took James a couple of weeks ago. He loved it. Scott wasn't as happy though. It was noisy and he wouldn't settle down to take his bottle, so I had to go out and nurse him. I have really enjoyed taking James to movies.