I have it on good authority, that you
are never truly ready to have a baby until your toes are.
With that being said, tuh-da!
(I couldn't resist the pampering.
And yes, I will probably never be a foot model.)
I'm ready Jill. Listen to Mommy,
I now give you permission to come... Please?
TMI- Males and small children end your read here.
Women who compare birth stories proceed:
At my appointment today Kent and I learned I'm
1-2 cms dilated,85% effaced, & in -2 station. All my hopes
and dreams for an early delivery have been deflated.
I'm not hopeless, but I will admit that there were tears shed
on the car ride home. Don't fret, I'm feeling much better now.
On tonight's list of activities- jogging & jumping jacks!
Do you have any "sure fire" ways of
inducing labor? Please share... .
With that being said, tuh-da!
And yes, I will probably never be a foot model.)
I'm ready Jill. Listen to Mommy,
I now give you permission to come... Please?
TMI- Males and small children end your read here.
Women who compare birth stories proceed:
At my appointment today Kent and I learned I'm
1-2 cms dilated,85% effaced, & in -2 station. All my hopes
and dreams for an early delivery have been deflated.
I'm not hopeless, but I will admit that there were tears shed
on the car ride home. Don't fret, I'm feeling much better now.
On tonight's list of activities- jogging & jumping jacks!
Do you have any "sure fire" ways of
inducing labor? Please share... .

















16 comments:
Love the toes! I am sure not the right person to ask about inducing labor. I tried a few things with James, but he was still a week late. At least you have dilated some. I never did with either baby. Good luck!
Your toes look great. Aren't pedicures the best? You sound like you are progressing nicely. Don't give up hope. Try all the normal inducing things. She's bound to come soon.
I have no "sure fire" ways, but Canon was 4 weeks early (not on purpose) and Zane was 2 weeks early. Chad made me go curb walking with Zane. (one foot up one foot down) Also, I made someone giving me a pedicure do reflexology and push extra hard on the "female" organ parts, but I'm not sure either helped or if I just had good luck.
The last time I had a pedicure was right before I had Nathan. My feet are in need of another one...it's been over a year! You definitely deserve some pampering before Jill comes. Plus, it will be nice to have pretty toes to look at while in the hospital bed :) I hope these next few days are good for you and things happen sooner then later.
Cute pedi.
And it sounds like you're making great progress! 1-2cm dilated and 85% effaced is great.
As for labor induction tactics, the day I went into labor with Dax, I had been crawling around my place on hands and knees like a madwoman.
Good luck!!
I tried everything with Sara. Raspberry tea, blue and black cohash, walking, etc...finally I had had enough and I took some caster oil...I went into labor that night and had her the next day. Now I can't say that it's sure fire way because she came on her due date. I can say with authority that it was AWFUL!!!! I don't think I'd do it again.
cute toes! With Jakob we were told that nipple stimulation produces oxytocin which induces contractions...and low and behold, I went into labor that night!
However, it didn't work with Joshy. Or Drew.
So, I guess 1 out of 3 isn't that good is it? :)
Doing squats helps too...I think it kind of slowly pushes the baby down into position. Just walk as much as possible...now is NOT the time to be a couch potato! Plus, the more you are moving around, the less water you'll retain.
Good luck! We can't wait to meet this little girlie!!!
Love the toes! You're already much farther along than I was with Nancy, but I cheated and was induced. Best of luck :)
I hope Jill listen's soon! I tried EVERYTHING with Shane so here it goes:
Raspberries
Raspberry Tea
Spicy Food
BBQ Food
Sex
Walking
Pampering- yes a pedi is a must
Chinese food
Really, I tried everything and nothing work so I'm sorry. Will they induce you? Actually you do sound like you are making progress more then I ever did so enjoy ONE little one while you can!
Castor oil, it's like drinking melted chapstick. I mixed mine with orange juice... but as a warning stay near a bathroom afterwards it cleans you right out. and for me I swear it also got my labor going- mind you i was a couple days late. anyway goodluck, she'll be here soon. and very cute toes! -keely
SEX
Sorry Jodi, no advice. Everything that I've tried has not worked since I'm not a day past my due date. I wish you good luck though. Maybe Jill will arrive before our son! :)
Hey Jodi- Your little man Jack is so cute. I think it's so funny you will soon have a Jack and a Jill.
Hope everything goes well on your big day. No advice here I wish I knew the magic cure for ending a pregnancy on time. Good luck and I can't wait to see baby pictures.
Way cute toes. Cute Jack, and I am sure Cute Jill. I say all of the above to go into labor. And also Being dehydrated is not good for you but it starts contractions. the day before I had Liza I was sick and had had Diahria, so therefore was dehydrated and then the night before I also crawled around on my hands and knees. But honestly I think She will come when she is ready. Sorry. Also I think a good emotional breakdown may start labor, I had one right before both Lydia and Liza.
Jodi,
How fun to have all these well wishers and advice! I just wanted to say that you have the cutest feet ever and I'm jealous....
That being said, Your blog is adorable and very well written - loved the TMI warning...as for inducing labor I've heard of black cohash tea -not sure of spelling? and lots of es ee ex. But probably not much in the mood for that.
We are thinking about you!!!
Cute toes! I swore I was going to have cute toes when I gave birth. I thought it would make me feel better but Natalie was 4 days early so I had to go through labor and delivery with average looking feet. Bummer! Try going for a ride on a bumpy road. Maybe you can bounce a baby out!
Many well wishes to you!
Post a Comment